Access to and use of https://www.haulmate.co (the "Site") is provided by Haulmate Pte Ltd ("we", "us", and/or "our") and we are committed to safeguarding your Personal Data.
- sets out the principles Haulmate follows when collecting, using, disclosing, retaining and removing personal data; and
- describes other important topics relating to an individual’s privacy
- covers your use of the Site and any other way you may connect to or interact with us through the use of our products and services (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Services")
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
You can choose to browse the Site without disclosing your Personal Data. You are not required to provide Personal Data as a condition of using the Site, except as may be necessary for us to be able to provide the Services which you purchase or access through our Site, respond to your requests, or in cases where you contact us directly.
When you use our Services, we collect a variety of information from and about you, your devices, and your interaction with the Services. Some of this information identifies you directly or can be used to loosely identify you when combined with other data. Any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have, is considered personal data ("Personal Data").
1.1 Information you willingly provide. When using our Services, you may be asked to provide personal information about yourself, such as, amongst others, your name, contact information, payment information, or details about your move. This may occur, for example:
- when you carry out transactions with us on or in relation to the Site;
- when you register an account with us on the Site;
- when you contact our customer service or sales people by email, telephone, or in person, to resolve any issues that you may be facing or with enquiries or requests;
- when you subscribe to the services that we are providing on the Site, or for our email notifications, and/or newsletters; and
- when you correspond with partners (such as mover, end of lease cleaner or others) via the Site
1.2 Cookies, Pixels, and other tracking mechanisms.
- recognise your browser as a previous visitor and save any preferences that may have been set during your last visit to this Site;
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the Internet;
- track website analytics and carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitors’ or customers’ requirements and interests;
- customise and target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing personalised interest-based advertisements;
- measure and research the effectiveness of our interactive online content, features, advertisements, and other communications;
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.allaboutcookies.org.
1.3 Mobile device and mobile browser information. You may adjust settings on your mobile device and mobile browser regarding cookies and sharing of certain information, such as your mobile device model or the language your mobile device uses, by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer.
1.4 Location Data. If you enable location services on your mobile device, [we], with your permission, may collect the location of your device which we use to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
1.5 Email Management. You may receive emails from [us] for a variety of reasons - for example, if you took an action through the Site or you signed up for a regular report. If you have an account with [us], you may edit your preferences through your account settings. Also, you can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions included in the email we send you. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with important transactional or administrative information.
- PURPOSES OF USE
2.1 The Personal Data which you provide may be used and processed by us (or by third parties (such as google analytics) on our behalf) in the aggregate or individually and may be combined with other information for the purpose of managing and operating the Site, the scope of which may include, but is not limited to the following:
- administering the Site;
- improving your browsing experience by personalising the Site;
- enabling your use of the Services available on the Site;
- providing to you the Services that you have specifically requested;
- responding to your enquiries or requests pursuant to your emails and/or submission of form(s) on the Site;
- responding to and taking follow-up action on complaints regarding the use of the Site or any Service provided by us;
- sending you general commercial communications via any communication channel, not limited to email, voice call, SMS and app notifications;
- performing office and operational administrative matters;
- for any other purpose which we notify you at the time of obtaining your consent in accordance with paragraph 2.2 below.
2.2 As the purposes for which we may/will collect, use, disclose or process your Personal Data depend on the circumstances at hand, such purpose may not appear above. However, we will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of your Personal Data without your consent is permitted by the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the "PDPA") or by any other applicable law.
2.3 Do Not Call Provisions. If you have provided us with your Singapore telephone number(s) (the "Numbers") and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or other promotional information via your Numbers, then from time to time, we may contact you using such Numbers with information about our Services even if these Numbers are registered with the Do Not Call Registry. You may however advise in writing should you wish not to be contacted by us at your Numbers for such purposes.
- ACCURACY AND SECURITY
3.1 You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the Services that you have requested.
3.2 We will take reasonable efforts to ensure that your Personal Data is accurate and complete if your Personal Data is likely to be used by us to make a decision that affects you, or disclosed to another organisation. However, this means that you must also update us of any changes in your Personal Data that you had initially provided us with. We will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data arising from you not updating us of any changes in your Personal Data that you had initially provided us with.
3.3 We will store all the Personal Data you provide on secure servers in an encrypted format.
3.4 You however understand that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use of your Personal Data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
3.5 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We will NEVER ask you for your password other than when you log in to the Site, as the case may be.
3.7 We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account and closing your web browser when you have finished using our Services on a shared or unsecured device.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4.1 In order to manage and operate the Site, we may disclose your Personal Data to any partner who is providing the service you are purchasing. This includes contact information and information you have provided about your move. We will not share payment information such as credit card information to any third parties or partners.
4.2 We will also not disclose your Personal Data to third parties without first obtaining your consent permitting us to do so. However, please note that we may disclose your Personal Data to third parties without first obtaining your consent in certain situations, including, without limitation, the following:
- cases in which the disclosure is required or authorised based on the applicable laws and/or regulations;
- cases in which the purpose of such disclosure is clearly in your interests, and if consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- cases in which disclosure is necessary to respond to any emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual;
- cases in which the disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
- cases in which the Personal Data is disclosed to any officer of a prescribed law enforcement agency, upon production of written authorisation signed by the head or director of that law enforcement agency or a person of a similar rank, certifying that the Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the functions or duties of the officer;
- cases in which the disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary in the public interest; and/or
- where such disclosure without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
4.3 Where we disclose your Personal Data to third parties without your consent, we will employ our best efforts to require such third parties to protect your Personal Data.
- WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
5.1 You can withdraw your consent by contacting our customer service: http://www.haulmate.co/contactus.
5.2 Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our Services to you. On notice from you, we will inform you of the likely consequences of the withdrawal of consent, including but not limited to the termination of any agreements you may have with us and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings. Our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
6. THIRD PARTY SITES
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Sites of our partner networks and vendors. If you follow a link to any of these Sites, please note that these Sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these Sites.
We shall not be liable for any voluntary disclosure of Personal Data by you to other users in connection with the use of the Site, as the case may be.
8. CONTACT US
Should you require further information about the treatment of your Personal Data by us, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
9. GOVERNING LAW